Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day 2014

June 15, 2014 is declared a Father’s Day celebration which most Churches, government departments, public and private sectors celebrate to honor fathers.

Father’s day is an opportunity that children could give their gifts, honors and appreciations to their fathers. In our tradition even mothers, relatives and friends give honor to those whom they know already become a father.
Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12 NIV
In honoring our fathers, it is not only enough to say; happy father’s day, thank you dad for being so good, thank you, thank you so much dad for being a supportive father, you are a good father to us… and so forth.

Children To Their Fathers


The best thing to honor our fathers is to give them something valuable than to say the words. We can give them the best things they cannot forget. Things that maybe not expensive but with a memorable that our fathers would enjoy and cannot forget.



Before We shall give a father’s day gift to our fathers and to our father’s in law, we need to ask first ourselves these questions; What does my father need in his life that he used daily? Is this gift very important to him? Would he give value to it?

I remember one time I give a sling bag to my father in law. Before that, I saw him always using sling bag most in his going to somewhere. I noticed that he took care of my sling bag and it lasted long. It was not expensive but he assumed it of great value.

When he visited us in our place he used that sling bag. Sometimes I forgot that I gave him a gift, I can only remember when I saw him using that bag.

I am speaking about things, that he could use if possible everyday or often in a week. Like for example: shoes, slippers, sandals, watch, eye glasses. Oh, you may say those things will not last, I want to give my father things that will last and expensive… wait a minute. The things that will last are those things that are not always used, Right? They are usually kept and locked in the drawer or in a cabinet.

What is my point? Now, these gifts are not always seen by our fathers. They can only use them when needed but not often times. That would mean, they can only remember how we give them value in times he is using them.

What about shoes, sandals, slippers eye glasses? Okay, these are used daily isn’t? If not daily but often times in a week. Every time our fathers use these things, they can remember us, even when they replaced them with new ones, still they cannot forget that one time we give them these things as long as they are wearing them.

When our fathers always remembering that there are loved ones that value them so much. It makes them happy in their daily living and this is what I want to happen to our fathers. We want them happy if possible everyday not only during father’s day.

The Most Effective Way To Keep Our Fathers Happy

Fathers would be happy to receive any gift that is valuable and important to them. It is not about the expensive things, even if it is a small thing, but with a heartfelt written message attached to that gift, which could touch the heart of our fathers that we let them know how much we value them.

To say some valuable words of praises and appreciations to our fathers is a good thing. But they are not enough, the best way is a written message in the father’s day card or small piece of paper. Give something to your father with an attachment of hand written messages that you value your father so much.

In life, we must have the goal to keep our love ones happy. If this is our goal, we can also keep ourselves happy. Maybe there are fathers considered by their children as not good fathers. Most cases, it is because they feel that no one values them. If we put ourselves to their place, we can feel how they feel. What would be a feeling when no one values us.

We Are All Valuable

Most irritated persons are those who feel rejected. We can keep people happy especially our fathers if we give them great value, we can turn people from being irritable if we give them value.

I learned a lesson when I was in my age of 20. There was a young man, I think at his age of 15-16. He was very irritated, sometimes his older brothers locked him in a room. This young man felt rejected by his own brothers and sisters and even with his neighbors, in this way, the more he become irritated and violent.



But I dealt with this young man, I become friendly to him, we become friends. I gave him values, I gave him something that he can enjoy. There and then I found out that he becomes a good boy. He started to smile and happy, he even did the works in the home without any command from somebody.

Here I found that the answers to most cases why people are not good as they should be, because they feel rejected. Value anyone especially your father. Advance Happy Father’s Day to all fathers!


Donate For the Project - Photo Copier
You can send through Western Union or Bank Account
See the contact information  HERE
and or click Donate Button below to send through
PayPal



No comments:

Post a Comment