Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Story in our Seminars and Workshops


I am not feeling well today due to maybe lack of sleep. How many days and nights already I have been working with my project that is still ongoing, plus we have the two-day seminars and workshops in the past two days.

When I posted some ads on my FB, I was so very sleepy that I have not noticed some errors in my writing.  Anyway for cell phone users we can understand the way we used to send text messages that is always miss spelled and we often times shortened the words and sometimes we used the telegraph style.



The two-day (September 15-16, 2014) seminars and workshops was so very enjoyable and we are all blessed. We extend our gratitude to all who made the event successful especially to Pastor & Mrs Amado Medina and to the speakers from the Bible League in Luzon Philippines.

We have learned so many things in the seminars, there was laughing together with the group of teams that performed the practicums on how to teach the literacy in a very effective way. Also there was a time that we could cry because we really felt that someone or somebody do really loves us.

We were new to the demonstrations on how we feel the love of our parents when they say something that we are very important and valuable to them. Oh! How I wish that all parents will say some very loving words to their children.

There also I ponder as human that we really need to hear good and loving words to left us up especially in the times that we are down.  How a good feeling we feel when we hear loving words that come from the heart not only from our parents, but also from our friends, relatives and people that we admired.

I remember when I visited my home place in Bohol last year, surprising our mother, my brothers and sisters that when I came home my mother embraced me with tears of joy and said "my beloved son has come home" she said those words many, many times. And there I really remembered how my mother loves me since I was a child.

I believe the mothers have the greater love for their children because of the fact that physically children came from their body.

The Story in Our Seminar And Workshops





We were surprised in the workshop and the demonstration in the seminars. There was around 100 attendants in the last days and were grouped into two, that was 40+ each group that participated.  The first group have to set down on the chairs that were in circle inside the church building with closed eyes, but before that our ID tag was pinned on our clothes at our right shoulder, while the other group was gathered at the distance and each member was given a card and instructions what to do to the first group.  Each member of this group representing as mother or father - of course each woman as the mother and each man as the father. All the members have different loving messages/words written on the card.  After the instructions were given all in the groups will surround the other group silently with their leader.

I was in the group that seated. As I have closed my eyes, I noticed that the other group has surrounded us, then each one that seated on the chair has someone standing at the back, later on they begun to whisper on our left ear as they read the message in the card. After they  have said something to each one of us that have seated, they moved on to the next one then to the next and I think up to twenty persons.  Each one of the group that seated heard the whispers of loving words representing as the words of a mother or father. Twenty voices from the women and from the men at the back with different loving words representing as a mother or father would have to say as they expressed how they feel to have son and daughter.

While the whispers were going on, the women that seated were the one who first began to cry... then some of the men I could also hear crying. I don't want to cry but I cannot hold my tears to start falling down, so I fulled up my handkerchief from my pocket to wipe my tears. Later on the whispers stopped and there was a prayer led by the leader.  

It was realy an awesome feeling that seems we could hear the voice of our mother and father the way how they love us. The message that touched my heart that made my tears came out was the message that says "My Son... we are very happy that you have come to our lives." Then followed by another message that says, "My son I love you very much more than my life."

Then after the prayer, it was our turn to revenge ops...nge... not revenge. It was our time to stand and those who whispers first will be the one to set down. The same way of what we are going to do, but there is a little bit different in the messages because we are not representing as fathers and mothers but as the Lord that loves them.  We have been also given cards with messages from the word of God. 

Now the other group may think that what we are going to do is the same thing, so maybe some of them were already skeptic, but they were disappointed because this time they could not hear from their loving parents as they think, but the words that came from God that loves them so much more than the parents.

The same thing of what the other group did to us. While we started to whisper it happened also that the other group was crying, it seems heavily because they responded with worship to God and that seems they felt the presence of the Lord.  The message given to me in the card was "I will reveal the secret things to them that love me."  So I have to say those words nicely with a very good voice as God.  Ngee...! Especially that my wife was one of them seating. So in my mind, I said I will try my best that my wife cannot recognize my voice. So when I came to her to whisper, I made my voice as big and very cold voice as a humble man, but in my mind I was seriously laughing.

Also, it was the same thing; we did not finish all the 40+ on the chairs maybe that was only 20 persons that we have given the messages then a prayer led by our leader. 

When we got home we have talked it about, then I asked my wife if she did recognize my voice, but she said, no!  So we laugh together when I told her that I changed my voice. But when she first whispered to me I can really recognize her voice as it was usual, but it touched my heart because the message that I said above that says, "... we are very happy that you have come to our lives." Then followed by another messages of how our parents valued us so much that will really make you cry.

If you have noticed... She did not really say it to me "My Son... But I added that  as I stated  above because it is understood that's the way supposed to be.  Although, I have not heard that she said that to our children, but the expressions that we have shown to our children is more than that. As parents we are really very happy to have our children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment